Friday, August 9, 2013

Review: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Beauty Balm

With summer rapidly approaching it's end, I decided to let everyone in on my skins little lifesaver! I decided at the beginning of this summer, that I was going to completely rid traditional foundation from my makeup bag for good. I hate the feeling of having something extra on my face when I really don't need it. After doing some extensive research of my own, I settled on a BB cream. 

BB cream is essentially an all in one face product that aims to replace multiple products from your makeup bag. These include a primer, moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation. These wonder creams originated in Germany in the 1960s and in the 1980s, became a huge product in Asian markets. The beginning of this year marked their introduction into our drugstores!


Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB "Beauty Balm" is the only BB formula that I've tried. It's a lightweight, sheer cover liquid that goes on like a dream. It comes in 5 shades ranging from light to deep. I myself have fair skin and find the light/medium tint works best. I apply the product on my forehead, nose, cheeks and chin and rub in with my fingers. For me, this BB works best on bare skin underneath my powder, blush and bronzer. 


One of the biggest things that I loved about this product was the SPF 30. It's a great way to introduce an SPF into your arsenal without having to think about putting sunscreen on your face every single day. It lasts all day when set with a powder and won't make your skin oily like a traditional sunscreen. Just be sure to reapply this product after you've gone swimming or spent the day at the beach. 

All in all, for a drugstore BB, I have no complaints. The price is right at around $8.99 per bottle and one bottle lasts me quite some time. I wouldn't recommend this product for those who wish to have full coverage on their face as it's pretty sheer. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB can be found in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, Wal-Mart and pretty much any major chain store!

Have any of you tried a BB cream? Do you like them? Also, have you tried an Asian BB cream? If so, any recommendations for a brand? I'd love to try one! 


P.S. The colour I'm wearing on my nails is a new find! Sally Hansen's Pink Blink! I'm a fan! A little more pink and opaque than Essie's Fiji!





No comments:

Post a Comment